Thread: Can You Guess?

Default Can You Guess?

Can anyone guess what simulator this is?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The cockpit makes me assume a fighter jet, but the computers remind me of an old Metro Liner sim I worked on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz_Star View Post
    The cockpit makes me assume a fighter jet, but the computers remind me of an old Metro Liner sim I worked on.....
    Close you are. The trainer is the T-2C Buckeye Navy Jet Trainer from Meridian MS. Taken in early 2003 prior to removal in 2004. DEC PDP 11/45 computers, Singer Link Motion (which were a royal pain in the _ _ _) Once I learned the ins and outs of the trainer it was a reliable trainer.

Love the vintage host computer. PDP 1145 is it?

Thanks for posting this 'rnkdink'

Reminds me of when a simtech was a real simtech instead of nowadays where we only get only to empty the trash, clean the screens and vac the floor on a daily basis.
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer...

PDP 11/45 it is. Yes those were the days of real Sim Techs for sure. Today it is mostly down to rebooting computers and as you say taking out the trash...lol

Thumbs up

Sorry for the delay in commenting, I've been away from the forum for a while. I worked on the same sims at NAS Pensacola from 1979 to 1980, when my tour was over and I left the Navy. A shame you don't have a picture of the I/O rack for that beast. It swings open from the end rack, over 6 foot tall and is nothing but dip sockets full of ICs, all hand wired point to point on the backside. The drawing to trace signals through that I/O would cover a table and were kept rolled up.
    :

Quote Originally Posted by simtech625 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in commenting, I've been away from the forum for a while. I worked on the same sims at NAS Pensacola from 1979 to 1980, when my tour was over and I left the Navy. A shame you don't have a picture of the I/O rack for that beast. It swings open from the end rack, over 6 foot tall and is nothing but dip sockets full of ICs, all hand wired point to point on the backside. The drawing to trace signals through that I/O would cover a table and were kept rolled up.

I worked on the mobile trailer version of these in Pensacola. Pretty reliable trainers!