Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Chanute Sim School

graduated Feb 1985

ok, more than a little late to this topic. Summer '67 to summer -68.
    Spent 6 weeks in 'awaiting training' status before starting school, then on to George AFB afterwards.
    Remember our barracks being confined to base one weekend because "..there are dust in the barracks!"
    Can't recall the name of the NCO to credit that gem.

Default Last class at Chanute

Lat sim class at Chanute graduated in early 1986...like Feb or so. I had 2 inbounds from that last class....and A1C and a TSgt who had just cross trained....was he pissed.

Default Texan

Quote Originally Posted by dustymars View Post
    Just wondering what was the last simulator class at Chanute AFB, IL? I attened sim school there and graduated in November 1960.
    I attended from 70-71 but was a 343x0 later after 42 years in simulation, Commercial, General, Military,, I believe I have earned the 342x0 also. So good to hear old stories.
    I worked on Air Force Conductron C5A, Link C141, Curtis Wright C141,and later Link B727 and DC10 with National Airlines and then moved onto Pan American airlines with multiple simulator types.
    Left Pan AM for Air Florida Airlines and worked with Reddifon in England to build a C737 Full flight Sim.
    FSI on S76 rotorcraft , Lear 35 fixed wing and other sims.
    Engineer for digital Control loading systems to replace the old hydraulic systems, and electrical motion bases to replace C34 hydraulic motion bases.
    Electrical motion base for submarine control room design at Groton Conn.
    Government contract Engineer on multiple military traininig devices.

Default Chanute then Castle

I graduated EP at Chanute Dec '77 (3362 School Sq) then went to Castle for Sets since I was to be a 341X2 (B-52 Gunnery and EWO trainers, T1s and T4s) where I remained for several years in a great shop with great guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmann View Post
    I graduated EP at Chanute Dec '77 (3362 School Sq) then went to Castle for Sets since I was to be a 341X2 (B-52 Gunnery and EWO trainers, T1s and T4s) where I remained for several years in a great shop with great guys.
    I did the same at Castle (T1/T4) in Jan '81, on my way to Barksdale AFB until '84.

Default Was there about this time....

Quote Originally Posted by speedswing View Post
    graduated Feb 1985
    Can't remember which month I "GMF'd" but I'm thinking it was 1 or 2 months after. You should be able to recognize my name if you knew me.