View RSS Feed

markovol

Snow shutting down the south

Rate this Entry
Why is it that the mere mentioned of the work "snow" throws the entire south entire a frenzy. I just don't get it. Maybe it's the 25 plus years I spent in the upper midwest but seriously ....a 1/2 inch of snow shutdown the city of Memphis today....a 1/2 inch. Don't even think of going to the grocery store the night before one of these "monster" storms... little grannies will run you over to get the last gallon of milk.

So your first guess would be that "we" don't have any snow removal equipment and for the most part you would be correct. But how much snow removal equipment do you need when your annual snow fall is less than 4 inches. We have salt trucks which for the most part do an ok job. That should be enough. If it snows more than 3 inches....just stay home. It will melt tomorrow!

Anyway I'm not saying ....I'm just saying...
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

MOM, are you in the tropics???
    Tropics....well I guess it's all in what one is accustomed to.

When I lived in North Dakota and Minnesota 50 degrees in January would have
    been heaven. Here in Memphis that's about an average day.

I enjoyed my time in the great white north but I don't miss the 6 months of cool/cold
    weather. Remember 50 degrees is cool/cold to me now and that's just the way I
    want it. It does get pretty hot in July/August but I'll take mid 90's or 100 degrees and
    some humidity...ok sometimes a lot of humidity.

Speaking of 50 degrees highs should be back there by mid next week...yipee!
    It's 1100 on 1/23 and 34F. My driveway has no ice and my dog is well exercised. Life is good..no work talk here. Sweat shirt, slippers, Delta ball cap, sweat pants, good enough for this January heat wave. Marley is used to daily frizbee play, but I'm not throwing frizbee in 3 feet of snow at -5 in December. Well, maybe 2-1/2 feet. Spring is only 4 months or so away. Ice-out out can't be far behind. Hopefully i won't need an auger to launch my boat on Big Sandy on opening morning at BL's on Mother's Day. My best to D and your boys. Grandpa?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezer
    It's 1100 on 1/23 and 34F. My driveway has no ice and my dog is well exercised. Life is good..no work talk here. Sweat shirt, slippers, Delta ball cap, sweat pants, good enough for this January heat wave. Marley is used to daily frizbee play, but I'm not throwing frizbee in 3 feet of snow at -5 in December. Well, maybe 2-1/2 feet. Spring is only 4 months or so away. Ice-out out can't be far behind. Hopefully i won't need an auger to launch my boat on Big Sandy on opening morning at BL's on Mother's Day. My best to D and your boys. Grandpa?
    4 months away....man that is so f-ing funny. 65 and sunny today...starting to work on my tan......